Join our team.
Product Designer (full-time)
Mentor Creative Group is a unique creative design agency located in Fremont, Seattle. We take on projects ranging from web/mobile design and development, to branding, to user research. Our clients run the gamut from small startup to global corporations. But most importantly, we are a creative incubator and a place for continuous professional development. Mentor is an environment where designers and developers can experiment, learn, and push themselves. We do this by creating multi-disciplinary product teams and relying on each member’s knowledge to not only enrich the project, but to teach each other. The process creates professional growth and outstanding products.
We are hiring for a full-time Product Designer role. We want someone who has a solid grounding in both UX and visual design when developing software products. Bonus points if you have experience working on branding materials and identity creation.
We are an Agile organization, and we use Scrum and Kanban to manage our projects – which one we use depends on the context of the client and the project. Internally, we use Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Apps, Asana, Dropbox, and Slack.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have a strong foundation in UI and visual design for digital products.
- You have very strong graphic design abilities.
- You have experience with and interest in creating and maintaining a brand’s identity.
- You have experience with some or all of the following: user research, user flows, usability testing, comparative analysis, heuristic evaluation, wireframing, interactive prototyping.
- You’re comfortable presenting your designs to both team members and stakeholders/clients.
- You not only can, but enjoy working collaboratively within cross-functional teams (UX, Visual Design, Development, QA, Project Management) to create simple and intuitive UIs.
- You like working in an environment where you can learn from and teach your peers. You are perpetually curious and learning about how things work.
- You have the backbone to stand up for your ideas, and will admit when there’s a better idea presented.
- You thrive in a setting that values transparency, collaboration, adaptability, and precision.
Your experience includes:
- 1–3 years designing front-end applications and websites.
- Adobe Creative Cloud and/or Sketch
- Wireframing and prototyping tools such as InVision or Balsamiq.
- Agile project processes
What we offer:
- Resources to continue developing your skills, and contribution to high visibility projects that anyone would be proud to include in their portfolio.
- A beautiful work space in Fremont.
- MacBook Pro, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and just generally the stuff you need to get your work done.
- Annual conference benefit so you can learn among peers.
- Health insurance.
- ORCA/transit subsidy.
- Quarterly profit sharing among full time employees.
How To Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A brief introduction to you and why you think you’d fit with Mentor.
- Your resume (PDF only).
- LinkedIn profile.
- Your portfolio, Github profile, links to conference talks, blog, or anything else you feel is relevant about your experience.