Join our team.
Senior Web Developer
We’re looking for a full-time Senior Web Developer (Full Stack). We want someone who is both a great developer and a great person. As a member of our team, you will contribute to a variety of projects that range from product upkeep to entire web overhauls.
Mentor’s business model is unique and a contrast to a traditional agency. We focus on a small team of leaders who are also individual contributors in the areas of UX Research & Interaction Design, Visual Design & Branding, Technical Architecture & Development, Project & Account Management, and Business Development. These individuals make up the Mentor Core and we utilize our network of freelancers and agency partners to build specialized teams for our clients based on the project needs. This model gives us the ability to scale up and down while also remaining subject matter and platform agnostic. Our goal is to understand our client needs and build the right solution, and since our model is so flexible it also allows us the ability to staff entire turnkey projects, or just fill individual positions on client teams.
We practice modern development principles and are continuously updating our experience with new frameworks, platforms and tools. We understand that great engineers like to use new and emerging tools, and will enable you to continue your education and experimentation with new technologies.
We are an Agile organization, and we use Scrum and Kanban to manage our projects – which one we use depends on the context of the client and the project. Internally, we use Google Apps, Asana, Dropbox, Git, and Slack.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are an engineer who thrives on change and variety in your work. You are passionate about what you do, and have a standard of excellence for the code you produce.
- Experience with mobile and web application development. You take a mobile-first approach to web implementations.
- You are an expert with common frameworks such and React and React Native
- You are an expert with common CMS platforms like WordPress and Drupal
- You are an expert integrating with web services and API’s
- You have experience building web services and API’s
- You have experience architecting solutions for clients
- You not only can, but enjoy working collaboratively within cross-functional teams (UX, Visual Design, Development, QA, Project Management).
- You are a great communicator
- You thrive in a deadline driven environment
- You have a desire to lead and build a team of engineers
- You have a large network of freelancers and agency partners
- You have experience in an agency environment
- You have experience pitching and selling development solutions
- You like working in an environment where you can learn from and teach your peers. You are perpetually curious and learning about how things work.
- You have the backbone to stand up for your ideas, and will admit when there’s a better idea presented.
- You thrive in a setting that values transparency, collaboration, adaptability, and precision.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- CSS & HTML Preprocessors, including SASS, and Handlebars or Pug
- Git and other version control platforms
- Grunt/Gulp, and a variety of code quality, test and build tools that these libraries commonly scaffold
- Interactive Debugging through the Chrome Developer Console or an IDE like Webstorm
- Integration with 3rd party APIs
- Experience building RESTful Web Services and APIs (Java, Ruby, Node)
- Experience building web solutions leveraging the cloud (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- E-commerce experience, including 3rd party platforms (Shopify, Magento, Hybris, Demandware) and common development practices.
- Passionate about clean, strongly documented, semantic code.
- Experience with DevOps tools (Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Vagrant)
- SEO & performance tuning skills
- Competency with web analytics tools
- Agile software development (Kanban, Scrum)
- Competency with the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
How To Apply
Email email@example.com with:
- A brief introduction to you and why you think you’d fit with Mentor
- Your resume (PDF only)
- LinkedIn profile
- Links to conference talks, blog, or anything else you feel is relevant about your experience.