Join our team.
Mentor Creative Group is a unique creative design agency located in Fremont, Seattle. We take on projects ranging from web/mobile design and development, to branding, to user research. Our clients run the gamut from small startup to global corporations. But most importantly, we are a creative incubator and a place for continuous professional development. Mentor is an environment where designers and developers can experiment, learn, and push themselves. We do this by creating multi-disciplinary product teams and relying on each member’s knowledge to not only enrich the project, but to teach each other. The process creates professional growth and outstanding products.
We are hiring for a full-time UX Designer. We want someone who has a solid grounding in UX principles (user research, interaction design, documentation) and visual design fundamentals (type, layout, hierarchy, color, etc.) when developing digital experiences.
This is a full-time role in our office in Seattle, WA. On a day-to-day basis, you’d be working on approximately two projects at a time in teams of 4 to 7 people. Our projects range from full scale end to end products like mobile apps and software to small quick-turn marketing campaigns.
Typically during most projects you would work alone or with other designers and user researchers to interview users and stakeholders, develop personas and user journey maps, and ultimately a feature backlog of what will be built into the application. Once development is underway, you would be creating wireframes and prototypes and working with visual designers and developers to bring your concepts to production. Our designers interact regularly and often with our clients, and work closely with project managers to plan out and document what is needed to build out the experiences.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’re an experienced UX designer who has 3-5 years of experience and has worked on multiple web/mobile applications all the way through development to completion.
- You have a strong foundation in UX and UI design.
- You have leadership experience.
- You thrive in a setting that values audacity, curiosity, mentorship, and vulnerability.
- You have experience with the following: stakeholder interviews, user interviews, user research data analysis, persona development, user flows, information architecture, usability testing, competitive analysis, heuristic evaluation, card sorting, wireframing, paper prototyping, interactive prototyping, annotations, and documentation.
- You are flexible and willing to step in and hit the ground running either at the beginning or midway through a project.
- You not only can, but enjoy working collaboratively within cross-functional teams (UX, Visual Design, Development, QA, Project Management) to create simple and intuitive UIs.
- You are open to working onsite with clients when needed.
- You are willing to bring new ideas and methodologies to the table and open to working in all areas of product design and digital marketing.
- You thrive in a setting that values transparency, collaboration, adaptability, and precision.
How To Apply
Email email@example.com with:
- A brief introduction to you and why you think you’d fit with Mentor
- Your resume (PDF only)
- LinkedIn profile
- Your portfolio, Github profile, links to conference talks, blog, or anything else you feel is relevant about your experience.